For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. (Romans 11:36)
The ministry of CCS is committed to helping parents to disciple their children in the ways of the Lord. We believe that every student is created ―in the image of God‖ (Genesis 1:27), and when a child receives Jesus Christ as his or her Lord and Savior, he or she becomes a part of the family of God and needs ―the pure milk of the Word (1 Peter 2:2) in order to mature spiritually. Our desire is to help our students develop and grow in the purposes and plans that God has for their lives.
In each classroom, the teacher, under the leading and empowering of the Holy Spirit, is called to model the life of Christ before the students as they create a stimulating learning environment. All subject material will be integrated with Scriptural principles in order to cultivate a biblical worldview grounded in the inerrancy of the Word of God. Our desire is for students to have a love for learning that will help them to reach their God-given potential.
Our philosophy of education stems from the following Scriptural principles:
God is the eternal Creator of all and exists as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Psalm 90:1-2: Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.
- 1 John 5:7: For there are three that bear witness in Heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
- John 1:1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- Colossians 1:16-17: For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
Man was created in the image of God, and for His glory.
- Genesis 1:26: Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31: Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
- Isaiah 43:7: Everyone who is called by My name, whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him.
Man is a sinner and without Jesus Christ cannot know or honor God.
- Romans 5:12: Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned.
- Romans 3:23: For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
- Romans 8:7-8: Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
God provided His Son to be the only acceptable sacrifice for sin and the only means for eternal life.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21: For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
- Hebrews 9:12: Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.
- John 14:6: I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
- Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- John 3:16: For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
- Acts 4:12: Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
God provides the truth of His Word and the power of His Spirit for growth as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- John 17:17: Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
- 2 Thessalonians 2:13: But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth.
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17: All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
- John 16:13: However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you the things to come.
God calls believers to be disciples and to make disciples for His glory.
- Mark 12:30-31: And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these.
- Matthew 28:19-20: Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you.
The role of the parents to disciple and educate their children.
- Deuteronomy 6:6-7: And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.
- Proverbs 1:8: My son, hear the instruction of your father, and do not forsake the law of your mother.
- Proverbs 22:6: Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.
- Ephesians 6:4: And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.
The necessity of prayer.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17: Rejoice always, pray without ceasing.
- Psalm 150: Praise the Lord! Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in His Mighty firmament! Praise Him for His mighty acts; praise Him according to His excellent greatness! Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet; praise Him with the lute and harp! Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes! Praise Him with loud cymbals; praise Him with clashing cymbals! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!
- Psalm 139:23-24: Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
- 1 John 1:9: If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Psalm 100:4: Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
- Philippians 4:6: Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
- 1 John 5:14: Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
- Ephesians 6:18: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints.
The role of the Holy Spirit.
- Acts 1:8: But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
- 1 Corinthians 2:12-13: Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
- John 14:16-17: And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—the Spirit of truth.
- John 15:26: But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.
- John 16:8: And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.
The role of teachers.
- Philippians 4:9: The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
- 1 Corinthians 4:16-17: Therefore I urge you, imitate me. For this reason I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved and faithful son in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways in Christ, as I teach everywhere in every church.
- 2 Timothy 2:2: And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
- 2 Timothy 2:24: And a servant of the LORD must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
The role of the student.
- Proverbs 4:23: Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.
- 2 Timothy 2:15: Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- Proverbs 9:10: The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
- 1 Timothy 4:12: Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
- Isaiah 26:3: You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You
- Romans 12:1-2: I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.